Devastating fire destroy family home

Devastating fire destroy family home

On the evening of 13 June, at 19:47 pm, Fox Security was alerted by residents of De Wet Street Alberante of a house fire coming from the residence of Mark and Tracey Peterson. “It happened so fast,” said Mark, still shaken by the events. The cause of the fire is believed to be from a gas heater the family lit in order to ward off the winter cold. According to Mark, the gas heater could have been faulty.
“We switched on the heater and flames went running down the pipe, next moment everything was on fire,” he said. Neighbours alerted FOX security by sending a distress signal and emergency services responded. “We were dispatched to the scene and saw the house was on fire.” According to Tracey, no one was injured but the family lost most of their possessions including their beloved pet parrot that died in the fire. “It happened too fast, we couldn’t get back inside to save him,” she said.
Numerous emergency personnel responded to the scene as well as members of the public who offered comfort and support. Firefighters managed to contain the blaze and extinguish the fire by 9pm.