If you are looking for another delicious chicken recipe, we have just the one for you. Chicken thighs with creamy bacon mushroom thyme sauce is an easy, delicious dish, and perfect for those weeknight dinners! This is one of those recipes that you can prepare more than once a week. Just experiment with a variety of ingredients.
This tasty recipe comes together in about one hour. So it is perfect for those last-minute meals you need to prepare just before dinner time.
FLAVOUR IDEAS WHEN PREPARING YOUR CHICKEN THIGHS
This recipe is often prepared without mushrooms. So then the sauce only contains bacon and thyme. However, you can experiment with a variety of flavour options when preparing your mouth-watering creamy sauce. You can prepare the sauce with sundried tomatoes and basil leaves. You can even add some feta cheese to this mix.
Or what about jazzing up the sauce with grass onion and garlic? The options are endless and really depend on what you have available in your fridge.
- 4 chicken thighs, skin-on, bone-in
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning dried thyme, oregano
- 1½ cups white mushrooms
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 350 ⁰C.
- Season both sides of chicken thighs generously with salt and pepper and Italian herb seasoning mix (usually a combination of dried thyme, oregano and other herbs).
- Heat vegetable oil on medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add chicken thighs skin-side down. Cook for about 5 minutes, on the skin side until nicely browned.
- Transfer chicken thighs, skin side up, to the foil-lined baking sheet and bake at 350 ⁰C for about 20 minutes or until chicken thighs are completely cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
In the meantime, make the mushroom sauce:
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add sliced mushrooms (without salting – to ensure the mushrooms get caramelized) and cook on medium heat for about 3 minutes flipping once.
- Add chopped cooked bacon to the skillet.
- Add heavy creamy, ⅛ teaspoon salt and snipped fresh thyme, bring to boil, stir, immediately reduce to simmer and simmer for about 2 minutes on very low heat for flavours to blend and sauce to reduce a bit.
- Taste and add more salt if needed.
- When chicken is done baking and chicken thighs are completely cooked through, add cooked chicken thighs to the skillet and spoon the sauce and the mushrooms on top of the chicken thighs.