On Valentine’s Day, it’s a day of sharing with the ones you love and we want to share with you too. Not only will we give you a tasty Cinnamon and Banana muffin recipe but a chocolate muffin one too. These tasty Cinnamon-Banana & Chocolate Muffins are a great dessert for any occasion and today is another special one. You can make one or both, depending on your tastes and they are very easy to create.
CINNAMON-BANANA & CHOCOLATE MUFFINS HINTS
If you love banana bread, these Cinnamon-Banana Muffins will be your new favourite. The addition of cinnamon brings some extra spice and brightness to a well-known recipe. Top your Cinnamon-Banana muffins with some crushed nuts for extra texture and goodness.
Is there any flavour filled with more love and joy than chocolate? Chocolate muffins are the perfect Valentine’s Day treat. They are moist, rich and the perfect desert to share with your partner. Add a teaspoon of coffee to the chocolate muffin mixture to brighten the flavour and depth of the chocolate even more.
Not one, but two delicious treats for Valentine’s Day. Try any of these Cinnamon-Banana & Chocolate Muffins with the love of your life on Date Night.
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup mashed very ripe bananas (2 small)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Chocolate Muffins
- 250 g self-raising flour
- 25 g cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 175 g caster sugar (or 125g caster sugar and 50g muscovado sugar)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 100 ml mild olive oil (or you can use sunflower oil if too strong-flavoured)
- 75 g plain chocolate chunks
- 1-2 tsp vanilla essence
- Heat oven to 180°C.
- Grease bottoms only of 12 regular-size muffin cups with shortening or spray, or line with paper baking cups.
- In medium bowl, beat ⅔ cup sugar, the oil and eggs with wire whisk. Stir in bananas and vanilla. Stir in remaining muffin ingredients just until moistened. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 17 to 21 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately remove from pan to cooling rack.
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C.
- Line a 12-hole deep muffin tray with paper muffin cases.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa and baking powder. Stir in the sugar. Add the remaining ingredients and mix together lightly.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared cases. Bake for approximately 20 minutes until golden and springy to the touch. Cool for 10 minutes transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.