tame Times Fresh Approach to local news

Tag: Wife Beater

Wife Beater Jaco Swart: ‘I WOULD RATHER TAKE MY OWN LIFE THAN BE BEATEN BY SOMEONE ELSE’

It appears that convicted wife-beater Jaco Swart has gone into hiding following an alleged assault. Both his phones remain switched off but Swart has been making his payments from his personal bank account to his lawyer, Enoch Nethanani.

Nethanani said he has tried to phone Jaco, but his two phones are switched off.

“I have not heard from Jaco since 20 June. I’ve tried to phone him, and I’ve sent messages, but it is not going through.”

Nethanani did however confirm that Jaco made a payment from his personal account last week Thursday.

Nethanani said Jaco had allegedly spoken about suicide and that he would rather take his own life before he is beaten to death by others.  Swart was reportedly assaulted by a group of unknown men in Gauteng earlier this month. According to a friend, he was shaken by the assault.  No case of assault has been opened either.

“I have not spoken to Jaco since I saw him last week. He was battered and bruised after the assault.”

He said a friend of Jaco allegedly said Jaco had spoken about suicide and that he would rather take his own life before he is beaten to death by others.  According to Nethanani, Jaco said he was beaten and put in the boot of a car.

“I think they hit me over the head, and they loaded me into a car, and I was in a boot for some time… They took me out and kicked me. I remember them saying they are going to break my hands or cut off my hands because I hit women.

“I didn’t know where I was, and then they opened the boot and threw me out, so I don’t know how they got to me.”

Jaco was sentenced earlier this month to a R20 000 fine and a three-year prison sentence, suspended for five years, for assaulting his estranged wife, Nicoleen Swart.

AfriForum released video footage of the brutal assault that captured Swart brutalising, pushing, punching, and kicking Nicoleen at their business in 2018.

Swart pleaded guilty to two charges of assault with the intention to inflict grievous bodily harm against his estranged wife, Nicoleen Swart.

Wifebeater Jaco Swart has gone into hiding - STILL no sign of him
A screenshot from video. Photo:Video/AfriForum

Earlier this month, Gillian Benson, Action SA’s Head of Strategic Litigation confirmed that the group will go to the NDPP’s office and take any other measure needed to ensure Jaco Swart pays a proper price for his sickening actions:

“ActionSA will request that the NPA urgently appeals the inadequate sentence in this case and calls for a thorough investigation into the prosecutor’s conduct. If our request is rejected, we will escalate the matter to the National Director of Public Prosecutions, Shamila Batohi.

“If this does not result in an appeal being undertaken, we will proceed to our courts or take all other measures available to us. ActionSA will not idly stand by in this case and will never back down for as long as the scourge of gender-based violence exists in South Africa.”

“And if the fight against gender-based violence is going to be more than rhetoric, there must be a collective rejection of this kind of absurd sentencing, in response to such violence and brutality.”

Notorious Wife-Beater Jaco Swart Assaulted By Group of Men

Convicted wife-beater Jaco Swart claims he was assaulted by a group of unknown men in Gauteng this past week. He informed his lawyer, Enoch Nethanani, that the alleged assault took place in Pretoria on Thursday.

In a voice note to Nethanani, Swart claims he was beaten and put in the boot of a car.

“I think they hit me over the head, and they loaded me into a car, and I was in a boot for some time. They took me out and kicked me. I remember them saying they are going to break my hands or cut off my hands because I hit women.

“I didn’t know where I was, and then they opened the boot and threw me out, so I don’t know how they got to me,” Swart said in voice note which was shared with News24.

Mr. Swart pleaded guilty to two charges of assault, with the intention to inflict grievous bodily harm, against his estranged wife, Nicoleen Swart.

He was sentenced to a R20 000 fine and a three-year prison sentence, suspended for five years, in the Pretoria North Magistrate’s Court on the 7th of June 2022.

AfriForum’s private prosecution unit however viewed the sentence as “shockingly inappropriate”, and released CCTV footage that captured Swart brutalising, pushing, punching, and even kicking Nicoleen at their business in 2018.

This sparked an outcry, and Nethanani told News24 that his client received several threatening messages since the footage went public. In another voice note sent to Nethanani, Swart claimed his head was “hurting so much” after the attack.

“There are some stories that are going around in the media that are not true, that are made up because it looks like they are saying I assaulted four women… that’s not right,” Swart said.

Nethanani informed the media that Swart did not open a case regarding the alleged assault on Thursday because he had lost faith in the Sinoville police station in Pretoria.

“What if he goes out and they kill him? Because he doesn’t even know who these people are. He will open a case against who?

“The public should know that my client is serving a sentence; nobody has a right to assault or kill him or make inflammatory statements. For now, he is just recovering.”

About Tame Times

Tame Communications (known as tame TIMES) was established in 2009. This long-established popular community title includes the key shopping centres:  Alberton City, Mal...

Get in Touch