The Reuven Retirement Village was once again treated to a Medical Wellness Clinic on the 1st of October. The event was hosted by Christian Revival Centre Lenasia, Pastor Bradley Ramasamy in conjunction with Care Network International. Chief Executive Officer Mr Joseph Periah and Managing Director Jeniffer Samson of CNI brought in a team of medical practitioners from various areas to give free medical consultation to more than 250 residents.
Doing blood sugar testing, blood pressure testing, HIV tests, wound care, eye tests with the supply of spectacles, dental care and other medical care, as well as dispensing of medication. Dr Sravani Angara who had recently finished her MD general medicine at Charles University, Prague in Europe and US, registered in the General Medical Council UK arrived in SA in the week made herself available to help with consultations for the day.
The seniors were given an opportunity to speak to Biblical Counsellors to express their concerns and for prayer.
The medical wellness day was a huge success. The organises would like to express their heartfelt gratitude and appreciation to the various organisations for their invaluable support, donations and sponsorship. It was an enormous help.
– Postnet The Glen, Manoj, Kate and the team for all the design, printing and advertising material.
– ExpoGuys, Nadine Wewege, who stepped in at the final hour to erect cubicles for the doctors.
– Caregivers, Christine Crossley and her team for liasing with sponsors and management.
– Meals on Wheels, Christine and Caroline for meals sponsorship for the seniors.
– India Cares, Mr Prasad and his organisation for the financial support for Care Network International medical supplies.
– Dr Sravani Angara for her labour of love.
– Management and Team of Care Network International for taking time to see to the medical needs of our seniors.
– Christian Revival Centre, counsellors and youth group for their time and efforts.
– Festival Supply, providing refreshments for the medical team and helping hands.