Looking for creative ways to cut your meat intake? These sweet potato patties are the ultimate recipe for a delightful vegetarian bite. Fried to a crispy deliciousness and containing an appetising combination of vegetarian ingredients, this recipe is a must-try.
One bite through the crispy exterior into the soft sweet potato interior will spark your taste buds to life. The best part is that these crispy patties will be ready in about 30 minutes. The versatility of sweet potato is simply incredible. There are so many mouth-watering dishes you can prepare with it.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS OF SWEET POTATO PATTIES
Enjoy them like you would a traditional hamburger but the only difference is that it is completely meat-free. Alternatively, serve the patties as a side dish to complement your main dish. If you serve it as a side dish, don’t be surprised if it attracts more attention than the main dish.
Let us know in the comments of this recipe if you have tried out this tasty vegetarian dish.
- ½ cup avocado oil/olive
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and grated, about 6 cups
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic crushed, about 2 tsp
- 2 stalks green onions diced
- feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ⅔ cup flour
- sour cream and diced chives as a garnish
- Peel and grate sweet potatoes. Place grated sweet potatoes in a dishcloth and squeeze as much excess moisture out as possible. Place sweet potato gratings into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add all the ingredients with the exception of the oil to the sweet potatoes and mix well.
- Add oil to a non-stick frying pan and heat over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes.
- Using ¼ cup measuring cup measure sweet potato mixture into hands and form into a patty. Add to the heated frying pan and cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Place fried patties on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb excess oil. Serve immediately and garnish with sour cream and freshly diced chives.